Friday, March 12, 2010

March 12th, 2010

Today I was thinking that when all is said and down with the whole virus taking over. Eventually, music shows will come to an end. So I went to this nice little record shop called Vintage Vinyl. I spent some money on some very nice Vinyl and I grabbed some random show fliers. There was one that happened to be tonight, well, last night (March 11th) so I went to the show.
I was pretty nervous at first, because I realized that there is a good chance that I just wasted $7 dollars on really shitty bands. The first act was this too-drunk-to-be-playing-a-show guy playing an acoustic guitar. He played one song and it sounded like early year's connor oberst, like when he recorded those shitty demo's? Except for more shitty. Then after the song some girl came in through the back door and said "Oh, she's finally here!"
Turns out the main singer had been delayed (more than likely getting chased by the infected wanting to munch on some brain waves), so she gets on stage and starts singing. I don't know if you know this, but some girls -think- they can sing, but they really can't. I wont lie, every girl can carry a tune, because they have very beautiful voices, but not all of them are worthy to start a musical act with. Not like the short little zombified Haley Williams, that girl can fuckin' belt a tune. I'm talking more about the girl that has thought she could sing like Mariah Carey since she was about 8.
Back to my story...
Anyway, she sounded terrible. In my mind I thought "stick around for the next band and see what they're like..". Bad.Fucking.Idea. It was a fantasy metal band, but worse. Imagine Lacuna Coil sucking more balls than they do now, while their drummer is wearing completely unnecessary head phones and doing techno drum beats on his lap top that is sitting next to his snare. It was awful. I also found out it was a Christian rock show. Nothing against it, just not my style. So I bailed out faster than I would if I was being chased by a horde.

No comments:

Post a Comment