Sunday, March 7, 2010

March 7th, 2010 (cont. pt. 2)

There was a park I went to today, I can't remember what it was called exactly, but it was cool. In the "how cool can parks really be" kind of way. Mostly it was just freakin' ginormous. So it would be a shitty to place to get overrun and have my brain matter chomped to pieces like a bag of M&M's.
This is kind of a bad spot to get stuck the more that I think about it as I try to think of escape routes. For one, there's hundreds of people surrounding me. Literally hundreds. We're smack dab in the middle of several apartment complexes as well as being about 100 yards from "The Loop" which is pretty much a long street occupied by smooth jazz playing bums. A smooth jazz playing zombie with a sax around his neck? I'd take the clown zombie any day. Well... that's actually a tough call. Most of the smooth jazz players have a track playing through a cassette player or a cd player that plays pretty loud. If that's the last thing I hear before I die, I'm going to be fucking pissed. Anyway, back to the story.. It's a shitty place to get stuck because there's hundreds of people. I guess the story is over, I feel like I've already made my point about. Heavily populated areas = shitty spots for hiding when the apocalypse comes about.
A thing I just now thought about is that the entrance to this apartment complex automatically locks behind you, unless you leave the deadbolt out, which wouldn't be such a bad thing except that it could be pulled open. Well, I guess zombies can't really pull a door open, but if they can then it would be shitty. Plus there's a lot of apartments in this building. The zombies would be stuck in the apartments, but eventually I might need to go up there and explore in case the entrance is blocked or I need to check for supplies. Fuck, I don't even know where I can get supplies. I know where I can get Vintage Vinyl records, overly-priced used clothing, and comics. But a gun shop? No. A grocery store? Nope. A store that would possibly have wood that could be used to barricade? Well, I guess yes, but I'd have to break apart wooden chairs and tables to do it, which might be kind of easy to use if it's a big table that's about 8 feet wide. That would be an easy barricade. It would also be heavy as shit to get over here and a car would just bring a LOT of unwanted attention. Balls. Maybe a heavy table isn't a good idea.

Brain storming time.
I'll edit more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment